Friday, August 24, 2007

If there's one thing I don't like...

...it's being on-stage. There's just something about it that makes me want to get away as far as I can.


I went to the Taste Asia Blogger's Meet Part II to help out at the cliquebooth. I was feeling out of sorts because of my recent bout with the flu so I tried to maintain a low profile all evening. I talked only to people in order to help them enjoy our booth. I didn't stray away from our designated area. The only time I left our booth was when I got food at the buffet table. The barbecue was really good, by the way.

After finishing my delicious meal, I was happy and content. I was oblivious to the proceedings.

Then Anitokid's name was called... His heartfelt entry won the Grand Prize at the SM Hypermarket Blog Writing contest! He won two tickets to Malaysia courtesy of SM. Unfortunately, AnitoKid was not able to attend because of a prior commitment. I went near the stage to tell Ms. Aileen Apolo that my friend won't be able to personally receive his award. She told me to receive the award in his behalf. I was reluctant but I knew I had to. What can happen, right? After all, I was just a stand-in.


Being on stage was a different matter. I was not prepared for the sight of many cameras trained on me. Nor was I ready for the attention of 400 bloggers. I can't think of anything cool to say. I painfully stammered a few words. I even forgot to thank the sponsors of the event. I guess, I'm not really cut-out for show business despite my dear departed lola's insistence. Thankfully, Anitokid called while I was at the stage. Another friend had called him about his win. I gave the phone to Ms. Aileen so she can relay his personal message to the crowd, the judges and the sponsors.

I went immediately back to our booth when the awarding was over. I avoided making eye contact. I stayed in that little corner the whole night. Buti na lang malapit sa cooler na puno ng ice-cold San Miguel Pale Pilsen.

Late nga pala dumating si Mr. Social Butterfly... he he

Congratulations to the winners of the SM Hypermarket Blog Writing Contest -

Grand Prize (trip for 2 to Kuala Lumpur) - Anitokid
1st Runner Up (Sanyo digital camera) - Anton Diaz

Winners of a DVD Player

Ganns Dean
Butch Dado
Annabelle Caloschoy

Winners of the Nike Sunglasses

Olivia Burgos
Nikki
Rowena Wendy Lei
Myrna Co
Dine Racoma


Congratulations to the Anitokid! Pasikat ka naman... He he

Thank you to Ms. Aileen Apolo and friends for organizing this event.

Thank you to the sponsors Coca-cola, San Miguel, Colgate, SM, Cliquebooth etc for making this event possible.




5 comments:

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Looks like everyone had a lot of fun, bro. Sayang, di ako nakadalo. Thanks for accepting the prize on my behalf, my friend! By the way, Clique rocks! And I kid you not!

Anonymous said...

@ anotiokid - all i can say is, Well done young man.

Anonymous said...

astig tlga 'yan si anito kid and i kid you not!

I guess everyone goes thru having jitters being in front of a lot of people and esp when you have to make a speech or something... that happened to me a lot and feeling all sloppy in the end.

hehe hopefully when you're the one who would win next time, you would be more confident.

I like this blog.. would be coming back for more..

Anonymous said...

hey musta ka na? :) no update huh...

jedianalyst said...

kat:

Ok naman. Hiring ba diyan sa inyo? I have an update na. I forgot my account details eh... Ngayon ko lang naretrieve.

BTW, di ako makaiwan ng comment sa blog mo.